Sherlock battery life depends on device use.
The main difference is between:
- standby mode: both when the alarm is ON and OFF;
- theft mode: when the alarm has been triggered and tracking is going on.
|Theft mode||Standby mode|
|GPS Frequency||2 minutes||1 hour||2 hours||3 hours||\|
|Battery life*||10 hours||48 hours||3 days||4 days||14 days|
*from full charge.
Beside the status of the device, other conditions affect battery life negatively:
- frequent bluetooth interactions: for example, turning ON and OFF the alarm repeatedly;
- bad signal: the extra effort required to connect can cause a battery drain;
- cold weather: low temperatures reduce capacity temporarily.